The efficiency is regarded as benefits for the whole society in which everyone, even the poor who have demand, may be able to buy and benefit from the products; everyone from farmers to processors and traders can benefit the broad market. Moringa can be harvested after growing for 3 months; when the tree is about 60cm high, farmers cut the top to stimulate the branches and buds coming out; after fertilizing for 6 months, when the tree is about 2m high, it’s the time for harvesting. In average, we can collect continuously 500-900g of fresh moringa leaves from each tree every month, which means we can collect 2,500kg of fresh moringa leave in each hectare every month after growing 5,000 trees in 1 hectare (i.e. about 2sqm/tree) for 6 months. We presume the market price is VND 20,000/kg, the net income for the farmers will be VND 20 million per month per hectare. The figure shows good incomes for many Vietnamese farmers nowadays.
- Moringa has been existed in the nature, along the Central Vietnam provinces, since many years ago with the local name “Chùm ngây”
- Moringa has been cultivated in the concentrated scale recently, about several hectares, and provided good results. However, the utilization of the the plant is still limited.
- Farmers still hesitate to cultivate moringa in mass quantity because of the vague “output”
- TMTM has implemented the pilot moringa farm in Xuan Loc, Dong Nai
- TMTM has coordinated with the local government in the provinces in Central Vietnam to develop the cultivation of moringa with TMTM’s sponsorship.
- The sponsorship from TMTM is carried out by: the donation of seeds, providing the guidance on cultivation and underwriting the entire harvesting products.
Products processed from moringa:
- Products processed from moringa provide high nutrition, enhancing human antibodies, suitable for health developments for Vietnamese people as well as everyone in all over the world.
- TMTM has a strong team of scientists and creative recipes to utilize moringa for the production of diverse nutrition food, particularly comprises:
• 8 categories of moringa tea bags for domestic and export markets
• Nutrition food for children
• Some more new products processed from moringa leaves are under experiments.